View Single Post
Old 31st August 2016, 06:00

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Micky1Mo - On my first drive, the flat cap felt like it wanted to fly away all the time, which was adding to my nerves.

But I've ordered a pair of "Over The Glasses" goggles, so I can "reverse" the flat cap and wear it in an "gentleman racer" style.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lancelot Link - Thanks.

I am sure a Sammio would look more at home on some nice roads, with great scenery, than stuck in traffic around here.

Gary - Cheers.

There have definitely been times during this build when if I had hair I would have been pulling it out.

Although, those photos remind me that I do need a hair cut before someone mistakes me for a hippy.

Swifty - Thanks.

The final decision to head for the MOT came so fast, that my first drive happened before I really knew what was going on.

So I really enjoyed the second trip for the re-test a lot more, as I started to get used to the whole experience.

Waiting:
In addition to the goggles mentioned above, I also bought a new "shiny" centre for my steering wheel from Ebay.

I've been looking at new car covers too, but am not sure whether to buy another "fitted" Spitfire one.

As, clearly, my Swordfish has a different shape, which leaves the cover flapping on windy days.

So it might be worth getting a cover suitable for a slightly smaller car instead.

Anyway, I'll worry about that another day, as my main priority today is to get the car back.

Hopefully, I can get the car taxed on-line as soon as the garage tell me the MOT has been issued.

That way I will be good to go when I pick the car up.

Cheers, Paul.