View Single Post
Old 15th March 2004, 09:48
Kit Car Dreamer

LexSport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfameister
But the costs are, well, for someone in this country, way too much. If you were to calculate using Minimum Wage Salaries, if a guy were to spend on nothing else (food, clothing, shelter), it would take him 27 years to pay for the SSC. While I'm not a minimum wage worker, that is still out of my price range.
Well as the chassis underneath all three of the cars linked to are pretty much straight from a 7, fabricating it all with the help of Ron Champion's book should just be "challenging" instead of "**censored** impossible"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfameister
Companies like that should just come here with their technicians/designers and have kits manufactured here instead. Filipinos speak good english, so communication won't be a big problem, and labor (while not as cheap as mainland china or vietnam) is still very cheap.

I would daresay that a company like Westfield/Fisher/GD Cars etc could send their people here, manufacture the stuff here (even assemble it here) and re-export it back to the UK and make it come out cheaper.
Some companies are doing similar things already. RV Dynamics have moved to Sri Lanka for the cheaper labour costs to produce their cars.