View Single Post
Old 15th March 2012, 21:23

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 View Post
Hi
recently looked at your progress on your facebook page. I assume your finished car will need an IVA test as you've used a new chassis?
ian
The car needed to have IVA done anyway as the chassis was altered in the first place?? now needs one because of a new chassis, much prefer there latest chassis, looks much stronger. I have a few concerns over the project which are mainly to do with the use of the original moulds from JH classics which are very different to the original GTS, if the body panels are the same then the boot (rear) will be shorter, the front won't be straight and about 3inchs too short, the nose will be droupy and the doors will be different sizes, there are a few other differences such as number of airvents to the engine cover, some of which could be explained as moulds being from a 206, but the 206 was never a GTS. Also as this is to be a replica, 108PCD 5 studd hubs are a must as all ferrari's (Even the latest ones) have this as a trade mark. This being said, i like the project alot. If I was to make improvements i would use body panels supplied by classic and sports cars unlimited, details can be fould on this forum with the username "fiberglass" and also same usernme on ferrarichat.com forum, which i can confirm from actually physically looking over the bodywork is identical.