View Single Post
Old 6th April 2017, 16:41

Paul L is on a distinguished road

A Cunning Plan...
Due to a change in work plans, I ended up with a short bonus session in the car this afternoon.

Initially, I had a jumper on, but when I got stuck in traffic that had to go, although it was a bit chilly when traffic was moving again.

Still, as our American cousins are fond of saying…

"We reserve the right to bare arms."

Just grabbed a couple of other photos.

As this could be the end of my regular driving sessions for a while.

Because I now need to bite the bullet and start drawing up (and ticking off) my "snagging" list.

These jobs will include:
- Replacing the dodgy rear stop/tail light on the passenger side.
- Fitting bonnet pins to stop the rear edge lifting at speed and/or in windy conditions.
- Finishing off the bonnet lip on the body shell, which has a few gaps in it.
- Finally repairing the damage I caused when the car fell off the stands.

By chance, I was reading an article in Classic & Sports Car magazine last night.
It was a reader's car, a Triumph 2.5PI, and they mention a great garage in Acton, W3.
So I rang them up this morning and they will take a look at my (oil leaking) engine in a few weeks time.

So the current place is to get some of the odd jobs finished before then and drive to Acton.

Once the engine is taken care off, I will be officially off the road and prepping for paint.

Given the Frankenstein nature of my build, the 1,000 miles shakedown idea was a good one.

As today's sunshine gave a good contrast along the driver's side to highlight the "lumps" all this driving has brought to the surface.

Although if you look closely, you will also spot some damage caused by a stray angle grinder.

So I definitely have quite a bit of filling and sanding ahead of me.

Until next time, take care, Paul.