View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 03:12

Frank Obrien is on a distinguished road
Default What I would like to build?

I respect most all of the kits out there. There's just one concept of a kit car I don't like. I mean good for someone to build it and enjoy it but it's just wrong to me. That's the modern Ferrari Lamborghini Bugatti copies. They are either done extremely badly and look like a joke or they are close in which case it's kind of like being "Fake". Posing almost. I don't know if that makes sense to any one. I think it's where people get a bad perception of Kit cars. And then there's the rest of all thats great about kits. Classic copies that are both historical and rare like the Cobra, Porsche 550 and older Ferrari classics like the Dino. No ones is trying to pretend it's real. In fact maybe that's it to me. If its a Classic, it's super rare so it's great someone made one. Then there's the purpose built unique originals like the dune buggy and other off roads. And original designs like the Sterling. And into today's purpose build unique's that are genuine super car kit cars like the Factory 5's and the Ultima Sports line. Of all these, I think my heart is calling to a classic Racer of some kind. Dino by Kelmark or the like of maybe? What was cool about the Kelmark GT. It said Kelmark and Not Ferrari and no one ever claimed it was. I respect a copy of a modern Ferrari or Lambo makes people happy. But no matter how well do it is, it's just a fake Rolex to me.