View Single Post
Old 25th April 2020, 22:28

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Realised today it was the end of December 2019 when I last had the MRS200 out on the road but worse than that, it was then when it was last started!

I wouldn’t take it out on the road in lockdown but felt it was time it to get it out on the drive and start it up and let the engine come up to temperature. As always the MR2 engine fired first time.

I also used the opportunity of having it out from underneath the indoor cover to sort out a couple of the rear screen fixings which weren’t sitting properly and worried me that eventually the whole rear screen might pop out at speed!

Apart from fitting the spot lamp and cover on the bonnet there’s not a lot left to do on it now. So much so I’ve turned my attention during lockdown to converting an ICE motorbike to electric which you can just see in the pic here.....

Must say had loads of fun doing this and not much more to do but put the fairings and plastics back on it. That said I need the lockdown restrictions to ease a bit before I can take it out on the road for some fine tuning of the controller and battery set up.