View Single Post
Old 11th February 2013, 15:04

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Chassis goes off fro galvanising in the mornin so thought i better remove the bonnett mounting horns, i know they are needed for the test but they will be "applied" by nefarious means just for the test then fall off again.

Good job i did it this afternoon as i found the only bit of serious rust on the whole chassis lurking behind one of them, 20 minutes wit the welder had the rot removed and a plate welded in so its all good now.

There is some pitting in places (See Below) but by the time it has been galvanised, eposy primed then epoxy top coated i reckon the surface finish should be ok

And a last shot before it gets loaded on the trailer, next time you see it it should be lovely and silver grey....

Oh just before i go heres a question, i am new to triumphs so please forgive my ignorance but i was under the impression that one of the spitfire foibles was that they had no chassis no? if thats correct then whats this?

picture is of the number with some paint blown on, i later polished it off and took some pics of the number fully legible should Mr Vosa want to see them as by the time it comes back there is no way it will be readable.