View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2012, 07:41

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post
ANY MORE TO SAY ? I know I could talk for hours about it....

We have achieved higher prices than that , so have our customers...

For most people building their cars , its not about the achievable price , the experience and satisfaction of creating your own little gem , in my opinion , is priceless and most builders aren't thinking about the retail value ....
I absolutely agree. I'm not sure where the £16k estimate for building Mulberry's Spyder came from either. I've replaced almost everything with new parts on mine and will have spent about £4,500 when it's finished. It helps that I got almost every penny of the £845 I paid for the donor back from unwanted parts sales, which allowed at least one Herald to live again that would otherwise have gone to the scrappy, sorry, Earth's limited resources recycling facility.

Don't forget there's a recession gripping the type of people who typically aspire to own such cars too. As an example of how that can affect prices, we found a bungalow we liked in February this year so we put our house on the market. Two weeks later a similar property on our road was reposessed and the lender put it up for sale for sixty thousand less than we were asking for ours - a four bed detached house for the price of a two bed semi. Not only did we not get any interest in ours, but that one still hasn't sold either.

The trick is, build a Sammio because you want to. Not because you think you might make a buck.