View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:46

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
thats maybe the reason why not many sammio´s profit from an "expensive" body off restoration, rather than a quick re-body on a minimum financial budget with only 1 major focus "passing the mot"..
I'm sorry matey but knowing exactly how involved and expensive a Sammio build is (as i've done one) and especially when compared to what the average classic car owner will do on a 'rebuild' then i'm going to call cobblers on your comment. As even if you just look through all the build threads on this forum they don't seem back up your opinion.

While I will obviously agree that there are builders who do go the "quick-n-easy" route and just do the rebody (i'd personally intended on going that route myself before getting sucked-in to the rebuild) , the vast majority of people also seem to "get the bug" during their builds and end up being not far off complete nut-n-bolt restorations and you can't get more expensive than that. Just don't tell me wife!

Obviously i'm biased as i've been through this process and so I'm a bit defensive (i.e. this response isn't a personal dig at you, I'm not like that!!) I just know from first hand experience how involved a Sammo build is and from all the info on this forum and having personally met and talked-to quite a few other builders/owners, i'd say that in the large their experiences back me up.

Pat excluded, of course