View Single Post
Old 26th October 2013, 12:58

Anthony Cherry is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your comments I was planning on having the Alfa GT rear lights for the project however they didn't look as good as the 911 lights cut down when actually in the back of the car.
The new 911 and 997 real lights are slightly the wrong shape and I'm hoping if things really take off to get the rear lights custom made and manufactured by companies such as hella.
The cutdown 911 the lights do not actually cuts through any light clusters merely the lens which connects them so the light clusters operate perfectly as they would before. there is no modification to the reflection or beam direction. all that is being removed is the top section of indicator and the indicator can be remounted.
Regarding the coupe and hardtop it's something that I've definitely got planned for the future I wish to have a coupe version of the car made in the year following its launch and also intend to try and manufacture a hard top for the convertibles with a fastback style.
I imagine that a lot of people who buy the kits will want to do certain modifications for themselves such as bonnet vents and vents behind the rear wheels. They may also have ideas regarding position and placement of exhaust pipes. With this in mind the rear diffuser will have no cutouts done for exhaust pipes as in the picture above.

I really can't wait to get the project finished so I can get a video and promotional pictures made :-)