View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 21:18
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Project overrun....

In my last update back in April, I said my next update would be in about 3 weeks so 4 weeks later here I am. My kitchen project has overrun by a week not helped by a loose bath tap that needed to be replaced. But the good news is I should finish off the kitchen tomorrow and I replaced the taps yesterday.

I did find the time to look at Amir's idea of mounting the relays upside-down to ease replacement but even if they were rotated they are still nearly impossible to reach without removing the dashboard which will be a relatively easy operation.

I was also looking at one of my photo's I took last month.
After fitting the wiper wheel-boxes I took this photo.

Incorrect chromed wiper ferrule by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

On inspection, I could see that something was amiss. It turns out that there are two different types of chrome ferrules with slightly different mounting angles.
Now here it is fitted with the correct ferrule. Much better but I think I might add a spacer to lower the spindle.

Correct chromed wiper ferrule by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I also managed to find the time to fit the BMW engine diagnostic socket which I've mounted inside the glovebox. I've also added a 12 volt socket and a USB 'phone charging point. The hole beneath is so that leads can enter from behind the dashboard without leaving the glovebox door open. Just need to find a nice grommet.

Glove Box by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Well that's all for now but hopefully more next week.....

....peter