Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 30th April 2013, 07:00

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default G46 Screen

HM

Yes the light position is at least 50mm lower then the original location and 170mm forward, I will check the dims and post them latter.

We never considered using another screen other than a cobra but that is to flat and looks to cobra.

The screen as it curves over the bulkhead / scuttle is fairly flat on plane bu 0mm at the centre dropping to 62mm one side and 50mm the other we form that part of the template in 4mm ply but could not get that to work going thru 90 degs back over he doors so we formed that in heavy paper

This shot shows the rake and curve combined. The height of the screen or length back across the doors has not been determined yet nor the height of the screen but concious of the regs surrounding windscreen wipers.

I am fairly sure we are going to make our own screen rail bonded into the body work at the various contours at the correct angle for a perspex screem to fix to.

Can anyone recomend a supplier my thoughts ar that the screen material is bought in sheet form (flat) cut to a flat template fix to the car and heat gunned around the curves, I will have to look on utube! (font of all knowledge