View Single Post
Old 15th March 2012, 18:28

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Although I have been working on the car almost every day I keep forgetting to take pictures as im packing up. I keep telling myself that I will take some pics tomorrow and update this but again I have not taken any pics so will update anyway.

I now have the body and interior fibre glassed in place and the inspection booked for Wednesday down in Poole. I visited my local DVLA office last week and spent half an hour talking to somebody and simply getting nowhere so the most simple option for me was to hire a trailer and make the 10 hour round trip.

I have replaced the front springs with softer spitfire springs. I had considered simply cutting the herald springs down but due to the drastic weight loss I thought that the spitfire springs may make the ride less harsh and lower the car at the same time. I will keep hold of the old springs incase I want to change back in the future but for now im happy with the amout it has lowered the front end.

I had a delivery today of a new electric fan and adjustable thermostat. I will have to wait until I get another delivery of longer radiator hoses before I can fit them but with the expansion tank I got from the scrap yard last week I should have everything I need to lower the radiator. I also have a new back box for the exhaust coming soon as the original was just a little too long to fit under the new body.

Fingers crossed, if all is well at the inspection, I could have the car ready to be painted within 2 weeks!!!

Last edited by GazDavies; 15th March 2012 at 18:57..