View Single Post
Old 20th March 2012, 19:16

GazDavies is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I will make sure that I get a few pics tomorrow and get them on here as soon as I can.

I have not done very much work on the car since my last update. I have been held up a little waiting on some bits and peices that I have ordered (radiator hose, fuel filler hose, exhaust silencer etc). I had planned to tidy the car up a little today but started the day by firing the car up to drive onto the trailer. It ran for 10-20 seconds then cut out! It didnt take too long to figure out that the fuel wasnt getting through so started at the fuel pump and worked my way back checking all of the fuel line as I went. After getting all the way back to the tank I knew that it must be the pipe inside the tank itself so had to remove all of the bolts and drop it to give me enough room to get it out under the body. Sure enough it was filled with crap so after drilling it out and getting it all put back together I didnt have the time to do any of the jobs that I wanted to do at the start of the day.

Lessons learned.
1. Dont over look anything and double check everything before the body goes on as its much easier to fix it then!
2. When starting up the engine, make sure that you re-attach the oil pressure tube to the gauge!
3. Put some padding on the rear outriggers until they fall off!