View Single Post
Old 1st July 2018, 17:01

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
With only attendees who are not interested in 1950s style sportscars, the price would be even less. Your argument is fallacious, probably best described as b*ll*cks. The nature of an auction, is that the car cannot fetch a price higher than anyone is prepared to pay, which establishes the value. The fact that you don't think it was worth it has nothing to do with it, and certainly not worth spurious posts on here.
Probably worth pointing out , that , technically - as long as fair play is in attendance , it takes two to not only tango but to achieve a price in an Auction ..therefore there must have been at least two people prepared to pay that amount ...

Classic car prices are rising , often don't make sense depending on various results and vary considerably ...It is a factor of this that has resulted in replica or tribute styled cars to follow on their shirt tails ...many classic cars at auction have faults at point of sale ...these cars are based on the same donor parts ..so will have similar properties ...

I think it was a little high , personally ...but not for me to speculate on ...compared to Toweds it was a bargain ...but I felt that was a lucky sale too ...

They are worth what they sell for at the end of the day ......the way they are marketed and the intended audience would definitely be a factor in final price achieved ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 1st July 2018 at 17:04..