View Single Post
Old 17th February 2008, 22:26
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Windscreen wipers - wasn't happy with the original parking position. Playing around with various new wiper arms this weekend the ones from a Honda Accord were quite promising but slightly too long so tried bending and tweeking the ones I already had (pretty sure they were the ones off the Legend). I have now managed to get the arms to park below the bonnet! Only problem is I have snapped off one of the lugs on the centre spindle housing and the outer spindle arm needs to be shortened to 47.5mm rather than 56.5mm for the drivers side wiper to clear the part of the windscreen you actually look out of.
Playing around with the idle screw I can now get the car to start from cold and idle at 1200 rpm cold dropping to 1000rpm warm - another result!
Checking over the maximum logging data in the dash it seems like my red line is set at 7600 rpm (very abrupt cut off) and maximum boost is 10 psi which would give something in the region of 335 - 350 bhp. Might try to get that up to 12 psi in the future.