Thread: Sva
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2007, 21:07
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Yeah going to be busy, list as long as to finish including finish fabricating the exhaust, put some seats in and wheel arch/liner extensions and a load of little time consuming bits to tidy it up.
Still waiting for 'A' pillar cappings but booked in to Birmingham SVA so hoping Norman can come along maybe with a pair off one of the other cars if mine arn't ready in time.

As for mapping I had a few problems biggest of which was the cooling system wouldn't work. Noble sorted that out for me - rerouted a few pipes and blocked off one unneccesary connection and it is now o.k. apart from the heater doesn't work at idle.
Engine could only be mapped up to 3,000 rpm because thats when the turbo started to run away on its own - 1 bar boost and rising with the waste gate wide open, potentially 500+ bhp for a very short while! Turns out the exhaust system is too free flowing so too little back pressure. Turbo has been back to Turbo Dynamics this week to have the wastegate ported 3-4 mm bigger which should hopefully bring it back under control and max 8-10 psi boost. Only fastened it back on today so not had a chance to test it out yet. Have been assured that it will pass emissions test so can have the top end mapped after it is registered etc.