View Single Post
Old 10th September 2013, 16:10

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Video links work for me too.

( Well they do when I use my daughter's lap top as my Mac still refuses to play any video. )

Mr T - They is a brief glimpse of you driving with hat and shades, any problem with wind buffeting?

Also I think it is about time one of your great photos of "602" became your avatar.

Finally, I think you can still take a lot of credit for the final look of your car.
You have a lot of individual touches that make it really stand out.

Enjoy, Paul.
Thanks Paul, I'll see what I can do about the avatar.

The shades aren't really for wind buffeting, I wear contact lenses and they dry out when driving any open top car unless I wear sunglasses, while the hat was to keep my head warm as there's not a lot else up there to do that. I need to get some clear glasses for night driving (shotgun/ballistic glasses will do the job) although I do already have a pair of clear goggles for emergencies.

You are exposed to the elements while driving one of these. The flyscreen does what it says on the tin - it deflects insects over your head - but the airstream still whips round the sides and things get a bit frantic at anything above about 60mph. You can still have a conversation at 70mph, but I'll be wearing my pudding basin TT helmet with the leather scarf zipped in for the motorway journey down to Goodwood on Thursday. That makes high speed running much more comfortable, even if I do look like the crazy frog in it.

I'll write a report of that epic journey on Thursday evening. The hotel I'm staying at is 136 miles from home so it'll be a real reliability/endurance test for my car. The back up plan if I break down is to have the RAC bring me home and restart the journey in my modern tin top. I really hope I don't have to resort to that plan though.