View Single Post
Old 1st June 2017, 22:09

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul, Oxford did say that you also had paid him a visit at one stage!

Landmannn, I do take your point and realise I may well get carried away!

WCA, I had considered your idea of a more modern engine but decided against it. If I had gone that route, I would have used a Rover 1.4 engine, as its all alloy and was at the time it was made, the most powerful naturally aspirated 1.4 engine in the world, producing 103 BHP, which is about the same as the Triumph straight six 2 litre, but of course being all alloy, was much lighter.

So why did I not go that route? because I would have had to change the gearbox, which in turn would mean I would have to re-arrage the complete interior of the car, possibly re-make the
centre console, which would be almost impossible as the seats are only 16 inches wide as it is, and space is at an absolute premium, etc etc.

So really, this is the easiest option, although still an enormous pain to have to do anyway.

Jag TVR that GT6 is actually in my FRONT garden!

I had considered using that engine at one point, but with no flip front, and the space restrictions that come with it, decided against it, Don't think there is enough room.

And the other point is have you seen the prices of GT6's lately?

That machine will be a future project, and they are fetching silly money at present, so I'm on to a winner with that one I think.