View Single Post
Old 1st December 2015, 19:47
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road
Default New SAMMIO 3/4 Wheeler

Unfortunately I have to run this as a business so I am all ways looking at what sells.
When Morgan launched their 3 wheeler and when ever they re-model their 3 wheeler the price of any other 3 wheeler goes up.
The humble 2 CV based LOMAX kit car of which over 2,00 where built has almost doubled in price in a few years.
The LOMAX moulds have long since disappeared and have become unavailable.
But due to demand the cunning Belgians made a very close "copy" called the Le PATRON which sell at about £3,500 a unit

I have long been looking for a substitute 3 wheeler and now I think I have one

After some time and effort :geek: I have managed to get hold of the moulds to the BRA LEIGHTON 3 wheeler which looks like this

The original car used a space frame chassis LOCOST style, but although I also have the original chassis jigs I am going to convert the body to fit a standard 2CV chassis.
The overall design will stay much the same but I have several new ideas still in the making, they include.
Incorporate the Lomax bulkhead and possibly the Lomax shuttle panel, thus giving some shape to the top shuttle and making use of the tried and tested shape of the bulkhead.
Binning the original 2CV front suspension set-up in favour of coil-overs
A new ideas for the 3 wheeler version is to use an independent rear sub-frame using the original 2CV hub and a coil over shock which mean the chassis rear outriggers remains un-cut so NO MSVA

There will be both a 3 and 4 wheeler version just like the LOMAX.

Of course it's all under R&D at the moment, I am waiting for a body to be laid-up and get a suitable chassis but it's defiantly happening so ideas or comment will be viewed very seriously.

I'LL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED
Available from eBay