View Single Post
Old 18th March 2012, 07:26

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrtone View Post
I am having to pace myself due to funds not allowing me a quick build. I had planned a four month project, so I am at 8 weeks at the moment, and about halfway through.

Need to start thinking about the body on and getting it registered, although I will probably do that after easter. I want to get the wiring and heater sorted first before I put the body on!
Sounds familiar. It's not so much the funding holding my build back - although I blew my original budget of £3k out of the water a long time ago now I have already bought just about everything I need to finish the job apart from the paint and associated materials.

For me it's the time it's taken to get the chassis and bulkhead ready for the road. I rather unfortunately made the mistake of buying a donor with a solid body and rotten chassis, completely the opposite of what you want, but at least I now know that everything's solid underneath.

My original deadline was mid January. Hmm, now looking at early June although the next stages, fitting the frame, floor and body do appear to be relatively quick jobs judging by the speed of some people's builds who started with a better base car.

Trouble with me is that, where engineering is concerned, I'm a bit of a perfectionist I'm afraid. My original plan of chucking a fun car together quickly is turning into a major detailing exercise. The reality is that I want this car to be as good as I can get it so I can enjoy it for years to come.

From what I've seen of your car so far we seem to share the same philosophy and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished car on the road.

Carry on Sammio(ing).