View Single Post
Old 18th March 2012, 17:30

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Trouble with me is that, where engineering is concerned, I'm a bit of a perfectionist I'm afraid. My original plan of chucking a fun car together quickly is turning into a major detailing exercise. The reality is that I want this car to be as good as I can get it so I can enjoy it for years to come.
You are right Mr T, and I am the same, but I do know that when you are restoring rather than building a completely new car (ie a new "kit car" for example) you should be realistic and practical. I am building mine to enjoy, and have done everything I can think of to enjoy it (not repair/replace things every other week) for a long time hopefully.

I know that some things could be better, but then again, everything falls into that category, even the professional builders don't get it all right!

I really enjoy the build process, but can't sit and look at things for too long, I just have to get on and do it. I do a lot of 'planning' in my head, and on paper, and a lot of research, so when I embark on it, it ends up being straightfoward!

Anyway, I look forward to parking our Sammio's next to each other later this year then!