Thread: 250 swb build
View Single Post
Old 14th July 2016, 18:03

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

BIT MORE DONE TODAY .....I have still got to put the fuel delivery pipe together , I decided to have my 'twisted U - section' tig welded as I don't want any issues with it and I ran out of time to collect from my mate this afternoon ..I'm going to pick it up first thing in the morning , so first job will be fit up the pipes and hoses , before disconnecting it all again as the roof still needs to come on and off a few times ..

Today I managed to make a start on boot guttering , very simple with B & Q ally sections bent to shape around the aperture and sikkoflexed in place with fixing bolts as well ...next time the bodies off , I will fibreglass the rear as well , in a similar fashion to the front. I need to fit a small drain pipe next to the fuel cap in the gutter to deal with a potential build up area there ..but its nearly done ..

I also made a start on the door / cill mods.
I am virtually copying Jeff H's technique for this and Jeff very kindly had the cill sections bent up for me using the same dimensions as before ...basically 30mm rise by 120mm deep.
I cut 40mm of the door bottom giving us a 10mm gap for wriggle room / bogging up etc..this will be reduced down to about 5mm when the car is prepped .. The door bottoms were re-instated back on the door , I tucked the lower section inside tthe top and welded around the perimeter forming 2 new ends to tie it in ...the following pic shows first cut , untrimmed and rear corner not radiused ...

I then started to fit Jeff's cill panels ...I cleaned the areas being bonded and 'glassed right back to matt to ensure proper , good adhesion ..then larger holes drilled in the top allowing access to smaller holes in lower section ...these have been screwed and glued ..I added possibly too much sikkoflex in my eagerness , but I will clean it back tomorrow to weld the panels in place ...