Thread: 250 swb build
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2016, 21:00

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul ....Jeffy baby is the one who has the unenviable task of getting this one straight and in paint ...I am going to do an initial first pass with the filler when all mods have been finished , but straightening and final gapping is his domain ..

Carrying on from chopping the cill up ...I have finished one now subject to a bit of filler ...the second one needed a patch putting in where I cut too much off first go round ...I laid some glass onto the passenger cill on top of some parcel tape to create a patch panel for the repair ....this was cut in and glassed into place just before I left for the day ...

The first cill looks like this at the moment - notice I have slash cut the front edge slightly , trimming the BMW cill very slightly to get the inner arch to follow the new , longer flowing front arch that continues its line through the cill to help with the full wing appearance rather than seperate cill as the Tribute features ...( nothing wrong with the Tribute offering but my customer is wanting to enhance his example with a few tweaks towards the originals )

As there was some spare filler kicking around on a couple of occasions today - I always mix too much ! I started to gap the filler cap and straighten out the window aperture a bit too ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 26th July 2016 at 21:08..