View Single Post
Old 9th August 2010, 20:07

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
This is way better looking than the single large Porsche screen (not only because it is NOT a Porsche screen)! Detachable screen for the passenger, solid tonneau..., I'll have one today please.

About the wheelspats: I'm not very fond of that idea. They would give the car a more solid look, more like a brick actually. Don't know why, but to me it oozes "German". It would ruin the sporty, nimble look of the Lancia I'm looking for in the Sammio/Vulcan/Spada.

Gr.,
Scimmy
I was heavily influenced by Porsche when I started this car...I really like the Spyders and the screen , headlights , headrest etc were parts that were easily available for me to make a start....The car is very definitely an 'ongoing project' ...it will develop as time goes on , I have the solid tonneau sorted now , this naturally leads me into making decisions about a central cockpit bar dividing the two seats and the whole seperate screens idea etc..I like the idea of the car being built in different styles ...The Hot Rodder part of me wants to change it every time I build...obviously from a commercial point of view , I need to standardize things but a couple of options would be cool...I am going to build a demo car , time allowing , I would love to get it done for the Exeter Kit Car Show end of October...we'll see how it goes..but I may try and incorporate a few changes into my car , to see how they get received...