Thread: Dino 206P
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019, 09:03

Axel is on a distinguished road

Hi guys

it's a long time now with no updates and the car is still sitting in the garage, I have done some work inbetween but not worth showing.
I thought I can fresh up my motivation with a running engine mated to a longitudinal gearbox, so I bought a Ford 2.9i V6 cologne in good condition last week.
Two things I would like to do now:
1. get rid of the EFI and put carbs instead to keep the original 60ies spirit and look, three double carbs and may be I can use the EFI manifold with a adaptor plate...
2. Find a gearbox for midengine configuration.

I know the TVR had triple carb configuration so I think this change can be done without much problems, use the 2.3 or 2.8 standard ignition and some carbs will do it for me. I do not intend to go for maximum power, just need V6 sound and a running engine.

The gearbox will be much more difficult, I have a VW adapter plate with flywheel, but I need to rotate the VW boxes (beetle or VW bus T3) upside down to have the midengine config.
Some people did this with Porsche boxes in a GT40 but Porsche is no option for me, that is too expansive.

Does anybody have advices for alternative gearboxes? I am pretty lost at the moment and don't know if an upside down VW box will last...
Did anybody do something like this?

Thanks guys, any help is much appreciated!
Axel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0094.jpg (97.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Axel; 9th September 2019 at 09:06..