View Single Post
Old 11th November 2018, 12:20

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Finalising a few details at the front of the car then the front body section can go back on for the final time. It should be pretty straight forward to get the car to a running stage after that ! Probably a few weeks away yet but I want it driving / ready for paint by the end of the Christmas holidays.

I'm still un decided about the final finish on the car. The plan was to go with a fully restored look to make it like new. I've seen several TR's now, mostly online and one in the flesh. There's one for sale in Classic & Sports Car magazine and that one has been on the market a while. They all have the same theme, immaculate and mint condition. I would say most are over done and too blingy, the one in C & SC is a good case, bright red with bright red trim, it looks too much. My car was always going to be bling free but I think I can go one better and give it a more authentic weathered look. Something that has done 24 hours at LeMans and a few races at Spa back in the 50's then left in a barn for 60 years. There seems to be a thing for barn finds and un restored cars at the moment, perhaps that's the way to go ?

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 12th November 2018 at 21:40..