View Single Post
Old 10th March 2022, 10:41

couerdelion is on a distinguished road

I'm writing this to give me some motivation as there's no actual updates.

It's nearly 5 years since I started this thread and still dont have a 250 SWB to show for it. About 6 months ago I accepted an offer on the unfinished project but that all went quiet and to be honest, I'm kinda glad it did. I hate not finishing things and selling it unfinished would have been a regret as I dont think I'd start a kitcar project again (famous last words!).

I do have a ton of excuses but really just need to get on with it. I think it was JaguarTVR that said about picking the jobs off one by one and it's a very good plan.
How do you eat an elephant? One mouthful at a time.

I've been browsing here again last couple of days picking up bits of inspiration. Been on the grassbank site and made a list of parts to order when I get paid at the end of the month (it's a pain the UK not being in the EU anymore!). Bonnet Sill Locators, Gear Stick. Luggage Shelf Trim, Door Cards, Door Tops, Arm Rest... Do I go for the handbrake conversion?... Will I be kicking myself if I dont do the rear screen?

I read through my own thread last night and found I'd bought wing mirrors that I didnt recall!

Going to head up to the unit this weekend and make a big long list of all the jobs to be done. The main problem with doing very little for nigh on four years is that I've no idea where I was with parts of the project. As for working out all the wiring... I knew I should have labeled it all and stored the photos somewhere I could remember.

Plan is for a road trip in September 2023 - a few mountain passes, some french wine and cheese. There will be plenty of pictures and updates coming over the next few months (I promise this time!) and I'll be asking a ton of questions.