View Single Post
Old 8th January 2016, 06:23

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Mr T That's was an excellent price for a good job, it looks well made and fitted have you tested it in rain and did it keep the water out.
Hi Swifty, I'm very happy with the quality for the price. The Brockwell Brothers are old-school craftsmen: rather eccentric but very talented and provide terrific value for money.

My first year at Goodwood Revival (2013) I left my Spyder parked outside overnight with the full tonneau fitted in torrential rain and wind. Next morning I found that it had kept about 99% of the water out. Perhaps a teacup full had run down the rear bulkhead under the head fairing (the only bit of the tonneau that doesn't overlap the bodywork because of the design of the car), and about a pint of water had collected in a puddle on the passenger side of the tonneau, again due to the shape of the car, which I then managed to flop into the cockpit while removing the driver's side cover. If I'd swept that off first it wouldn't have been a problem.

It was then parked up all day at Goodwood in more normal intermittent light rain, and the cover kept all of that out of the cockpit.

Overall, the tonneau looks the part, helps to keep the driver warm when one-up in winter, provides security from prying eyes at night (if not prying fingers!) and keeps out most of the water when it's parked in the rain. I can thoroughly recommend having one made for your own car.

Oh, and despite leaving the car unattended outside various hotels/seaside resorts/etc., nobody's actually tried to steal anything from my car.