View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 10:48
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Micky -

However, I am starting to get a bit confused with the model names.

I thought this approach, mentioned on a different thread, sounded like a good idea...

"the Pilot and Navigator will continue for now but will be replaced with a single kit sold in a LWB form for the Herald, a SWB form for the Spitfire, a bonnet for a 4 cylinder engine and a bonnet for a 6 cylinder engine"

So what will this single (LWB & SWB) kit be called?

Hi Paul L, the New Spyder is being built with the SWB and LWB idea in mind right from the start.
Although the bonnet for the 6 cylinder will be an issue so expect it to be a while in R&D ,
The Spitfire seems to be the most popular choice of donor so I'll stick with that for now.

The differance between the Spyder/Pilot and Coridite/Navigator is minimal to the naked eye, again a simple LWB and a SWB version the main differance being one had doors
To my way of thinking the Coridite was a crude attempt to up-date the Spyder.
Pehaps Gary reilized the fate of the Hearld as a donor after-all why try to fit doors to a chassis that does'nt have a full length out-rigger which would provide all the support needed.

At the end of the day I want to produce a kit that's straight, symetrical and can be fitted using a tape measure.

BTW I also have the moulds for the AF SPORTS, (you'll have to google it as I am unable to up-load a photo).
Any interest ? would be built around a Reliant Scimitar.