View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015, 21:07

ericholm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Porsche View Post
HI

Great progress, enjoy driving it, don,t worry about getting it perfect yet or the project will stall

Re alignment

I have used horse box catches at the bottom of the bonnet to pull the lower bonnet into line with the sill

Attachment 2893

Attachment 2894

Attachment 2895

Less than £20.00 on flea bay and easy to fit, require L shaped brackets to be riveted to the sill
Hi Bill,

Thanks for images, actually a bit of 'flap' on that section would help as I get problems when opening the door fully as it pushes on that bottom edge, I've adjusted the door skins so they are as far back as possible, actually they stick a little when opening the door on the back section. Also I have pulled the front section as far forward as possible and even shimed it, so have a huge gap between door and front section, you can literally drive a bus through and it still doesn't clear. Also moved front section spring latches as far back as possible to try and push front section far toward as possible.

Then there is the height of the door and the front section, both doors are considerably higher that the front section, but must be sitting right as the bottom of the doors have a good size gap that I would expect.

So not sure, other than giving to someone who can sort it for me.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't have to be perfect, but I like the word 'Reasonable'. Currently it's not reasonable.