View Single Post
Old 13th July 2013, 09:19

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

no update for a while as I have been out enjoying a new motorbike and I started a new job so been busy!

but here are a few pics of some progress - more on www.mymigliaspeedster.co.uk if you are interested...

I had to 'adjust' the linkage to the servo - so a chamfer on the gear extension and a bend in the rod with my knee managed to sort that!

Played around with a lowered floorpan and found my seats were slightly too wide. I have now narrowed them by 20mm and they will fit fine. I am going for the Landrover seats again as they were very comfy in the Sammio Spyder. The backs will hinge forward to access the luggage area and with any luck I won't need to make them any shorter like I had to with the Sammio Spyder.

Got my wire wheels (ebay purchase) shot blasted and powder coated silver so they went from this:

to this....

and they look very nice on the chassis....

It did mean that I had to modify the steering rack so I could limit the lock to avoid the bigger wheels and tyres hitting on the front outrigger. A 25mm sleeve was fashioned and welded to either end of the rack..

This still gives plenty of steering lock but does not touch now...

Then I made up the floorpans for the front as well, and they all fitted quite well...

And with the frame placed on it, it is starting to look like a car...

So not a huge amount of progress, but I am going to try and get things moving now, so I can try and enjoy what is left of the summer!

Next up is a modified exhaust for which I will make up my own and use an 'end-can' from a motorbike. I have several lying around from bike projects so wondered what it would sound like!