View Single Post
Old 15th October 2012, 16:46

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Guys,
Thanks for all the feedback an illustrations with pictures. It helps considerably and reading about and seeing your build just creates a clearer vision of what i have ahead.like WCA advises I will be cutting a little and trial fitting alot.
CT, It is certainly great fun cutting up and taking photos of a classic design.
Yes I am taking the approach of cutting off bits and see if the panels fit over. I may end up with the same shape as everyone else, but it is an experiment I want to try out.
The thinking out cutting the door aperture was that I could slide the rear body on and see what it looks like with the windsreen still in place.
If I cut in the midde of the lower cill, I will be joining again on the lower metal framework shown in WCA pictures so have solid support to help rebonding.
Obviously the lower part of the cill will be alot of work as you say, is it worth it for a few photos when Gaz is getting me an aero screen anyway?
WCA I have printed out your image and will stick it to the boot floor as my guide for the rear end cutting, thanks mate.
Looking at the last couple of picture why has LL not make use of the exiting chasis to attach the new metal work? Is it to keep within the IVA rules, stop possible corrosion or make the removal of the body easier?

e-type - I knew it reminded me of another car. Now how can I get that V12 under the bonnet?

HM