View Single Post
Old 18th June 2013, 06:27

zèbre69 is on a distinguished road

Few pictures takes during friday afternoon. 4H30 working non-stop !

first : suite of the partition but for the other side. The first side was done one week ago.

WE have finish the steal part for on the luggage' compartment :

Then we have done the support of the steering column, Not easy to do ! The column is THE starting point for the location of all the controls, the pedals, gearshift lever and handbrake is dependent on the steering column's location.

Column set, the bracket is positioned. For that I had recovered from the donor support sheet of 2CV donor which I cut the sides and the down. I found the tube 40 * 20 * 2.5 which enter with perfection in the U of the support plate and it was quickly decided to cut the two tubes 50 * 30 * 3 angles welded to the frame kit to replace two pieces of tubes but 40 * 20 * 2.5 to allow max out support plate of the deck on the tube, playing "plug welds" and some welds. After initial tests, it was appercu that the brake pedal was too close to the steering column, it has dereferenced points and move the entire 10mm on the right. For this, the reinforcing tube 20 * 20 * 2 has been changed by another 10mm longer.

See you soon !