View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 17:54

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Fuel tank has gone back in and was plumbed up in the process ...fuel line runs along its stock route through the outriggers . The Spitfire fuel tank really is perfect for this type of conversion .

[/url]

The steering was hooked up and body re-instated so that I could fit the exhaust system.
The front section was fitted when I shifted the engine back , but the rear section is too long as a result of the shift backwards and less overhang than the stock Vitesse bodyshell.
So approx 57cm was removed and piece of slightly larger exhaust section ( actually a piece I removed from Grahams car ! ) was welded to the end to enable it to sleeve over the front section .

Then I made a rear crossmember....

[/url]

and when it was bolted across the two boot outriggers , it gave me two mounting points for the rear tail pipes . The crossmember laps under the outriggers to stop it twisting as well ...

[/url]

Ray wanted some subtle peek-a-boo tail pipes , not sticking too far out but just showing themselves subtlely at the rear ....hopefully this is what he asked for !

[/url]