View Single Post
Old 18th August 2015, 11:16

jones is on a distinguished road
Default Update...

...So over a month has passed and we are not that much further down the road of progress that I would have hoped for. Weekends away, entertaining the wife and a few rain stopping play scenarios I have managed to get some work done, much of it is undocumented but is simple body work initial prep I want to get it to a stage that one bonded there is just the minor amends but body symmetrical.

This past weekend however did see some chunky bits ticked off that I had put off as there was no turning back once the grinder had done its job! I decided to tackle the rear wheel arches, I wanted to look good from underneath and as professional as this amateur to make it. I worked out that to make a smooth rounded arch it needed to be 5.5cm higher so I cut at 4cm to leave enough of a lip to drill and weld. I then etch primed, and then normal primer followed by stone chip which the only can I had was white. The whole 'old' body will be painted silk black prior to the shell being bonded on.

Whilst access was so good now I decided that fitting the lowering springs was a good idea and it will give me a better idea of stance as I am not fitting hugely different circumference tyres onto the new wheels. I will also say that the car has been well maintained and everything came apart nicely and the only thing I have to do is to order some new dust covers for the shocks.

I also continued with the body prep, I will complete the near side first and then use that as a template for the offside. I will say that getting a nice crisp line on the vents has been a little time consuming but it's almost there and with one last final fill and sand prior to paint I am happy.

Not many pictures as my phone was hooked up for Spotify to the surround sound system I have installed in my garage to keep me entertained!