View Single Post
Old 18th September 2015, 19:46

jones is on a distinguished road

So today I had to do some actual work this morning, so I started at midday and having looked at the weather forecast of what was meant to be rainy showers off and on. First step then was to clear out some space in the garage to at least be able to get the rear section in. I was ruthless in my clear out - apparently not ruthless enough as it just looked like I moved stuff from one side to the other.

So the project for the day was to do the recessed fuel filler work and some more on the headlining.

The package I had patiently awaited for yesterday was to complete a job that lasted literally minutes. The thing was it was two specific size hole saws that I wanted and to buy them separately was over £30 at B&Q or under £10 on Amazon for a whole kit of 16 pieces - happy days. Following that I was able to offer up and double check the recess I had Blue Peter esque made earlier and pre drilled the whole for the filler neck. I then had to remove the back end, this is where I regretted using such long bolts yesterday, having jacked up and removed the rear wheels it took an age to unscrew the 4 body bolts! Removal of the rear glass followed and the back end was swiftly lifted off and placed into the prepared space in the garage. Having flipped it over I proceeded to do the glassing.

Having got the body back on the car I then re-drilled the filler neck hole by clamping a piece of wood behind for the drill bit to bite down and keep it central and proceeded to screw it down.

As you can see from the pictures it does sit low and it is a close call but just high enough to work.

Then I had to move quickly - as rain was about to stop play, AGAIN!

Last edited by jones; 18th September 2015 at 21:46..