Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 15th September 2013, 18:22

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

This is a different way to do the electrics of a Spyder. My origial loom is 45 years old, isn't up to modern functions like a electric fan, suits a dynamo instead of an alternator, got some changes allong the way, and doesn't fit the the dash design of my Spyder. In short, it won't do the job.

I got myself a new electric platform from Car Builder Solutions. It has all the fuses and Relais for all the functions you need. It comes with some explaining and is in fact very easy to use.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then I bought a new wire loom. From a Triumph TR3a. I could get this one for a nice price. It has all the basics you need for the Spyder. Then I cut it to pieces.

[IMG][/IMG]

I made myself a nice new Spyder loom, with all the right color markings, using the wires from the TR3a loom.

[IMG][/IMG]

Most of the work, and most of the wiring I used for a module I made myself. I really would like to have single red lightning at the rear. It means combining lightning, brake lights and indicator lightning in 1 dual fitment bulb.

[IMG][/IMG]

The wiring is all new then. I thought of an alternative way to make the wiring diagram. It turned out not to be that practical and I wouldn't advise it. But hey, it's better then nothing at all right?

[IMG][/IMG]