View Single Post
Old 31st January 2019, 08:22

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Great to have that first drive isn’t it... on the vagueness of the front and steering the front end is lighter without the MR2 panels. I’ve left the space saver in mine and doesn’t seem too bad at 30-40 but mine also still isn’t MOT’d so haven’t had it any higher speed than that. Worth checking tyre pressures as well as UJ especially with the cold weather.

I also can’t see a scooby out the back of mine - even worse on mine with the intercooler piping! But hey as long as you can see forward :-)

With the bonnet you may want to look at making some support pieces for the front arch areas - that seems to have helped on mine as when it’s locked down it doesn’t move at all. I’ve also got my bonnet prop clipped in underneath but don’t think that will do anything for rigidity. If the bonnet panel itself is flexing a lot you could try bonding in some thick hose pipe - I’ve done that before on other kits and it’s helped.

As for the attention.....just go to a petrol station - I’m sure you’ll be there ages as people ask you if it’s a real one!

Have you set yourself a date for the MOT yet? I’ve done hardly anything to mine since Christmas - need to pull my finger out!