View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 22:37

mashtun is on a distinguished road

I hadn't noticed before that you're tight for space for a servo, but it's clear enough to see there. My Cabrio's like, for example, Simon's in that my servo's mounted directly on the bulkhead i.e. not on a protrusion as on yours. That means the available width on mine isn't reduced by the bonnet and the Sierra servo fits without any problem. My bonnet detail's also different - the lower section is narrower than yours as it's just a tight fold over of the aluminium sheet (my upper and lower bonnet sections are hinged together). Must get some photos online somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Does anyone have a different take on it?
I've never considered how a servo works but it does seem reasonable to conclude that the assistive force isn't multiplying the force applied through the pedal but is instead simply adding to it (and usually greatly exceeding it?). Whether or not a dual diaphragm 7" unit gives 98% of the force of a single diaphragm 10" unit presumably depends on the same pressure difference existing across both diaphragms? I suppose that's quite possible but it must make the innards quite complex.

Might you end up with too much assistance from a dual 7" unit though?