Thread: Sammio for sale
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2017, 08:12

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to discuss it with you Phaeton ...I totally get what your argument is , and you obviously know the kit car world and the Hot Rod world is full of cars with dubious or inaccurate registration issues ...each time DVLA amend the rules , it cleans some of it up and filters out real problem cars .....next years changes will do even more to clean up the system too ... Some of these cars were built at a time when it wasn't really an issue ...I have built cars in the past where virtually nothing was left of the original car , I have built new build cars back in the 90's where the V5 came from a third party donor which provided nothing to the table ...I have ''lost'' Q plate registrations and ''found'' age related registrations to help things on a bit .......it was going on all the time , an open secret , no one was fooling anyone ...... 90% of the Hot Rod world was doing it .....but , as times change , it has meant that the authorities are squeezing this issue , blaming coming in line with Europe , but we are trying to run away from Europe , so I don't buy that ...I just think they want to clean up the situation , make those extra V5's people have in the kitchen drawer harder to be of any value etc... any dormant V5's now are possibly subject to an inspection when resurrected ...so , its all getting sorted out ..kind of ...

I think peoples issue on here is that as a seasoned kit car enthusiast , you seem to have focused purely on registration issues and don't really contribute to the forum on any other level ...If you were a bit more vocal about other subjects , you wouldn't get the ''here we go again'' attitude ...just my opinion , not having a go ..just responding to your comments ....

Ironically , the S*mmio , Miglia , Formosa , Tribute range of cars are probably amongst the 'safest' range of cars in the whole registration debate ....taking advantage of the 8 point rulings and avoiding IVA. ( A big factor in my reasons for starting the S*mmio range in the first place as I could see the Hot Rod world getting harder and harder to survive in on a professional level )

I'd hate to see you banned or blocked , sometimes heated debate can result in that ...You clearly are an enthusiast with passion ..that's a valuable kind of forum member to have on here and I'd be very interested to know you on a more productive level than the one we are on right now ....

Last edited by lancelot link; 13th November 2017 at 08:30..