Thread: G-46 questions.
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2013, 10:31

Rudycob1 is on a distinguished road

Hi World Class Accident,
Thanks for your reply. First I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation and the events that led from that. Hope you are OK now.
Yes it looks like I'm in a very similar situation to how you were and being a bit of a petrol head I like to research my projects and plan them to the finer detail so as to know what I aim to achieve and how I am going to do this. I'm not new to the kit car scene and have owned a Cobra with a 460bhp tuned Chevy striker which was built to concours condition. After 7 years and only 2300 miles I decided to sell it and started my next project. This I still own and intent to keep.
It's a DNA 430 spider which is currently having a 3.0 V6 with some modifications fitted to it. If interested you can see my build tread on the DNAOC.
So now I'm getting ready for my next project and want something a little bit classic looking but with the grunt to match the looks. I also would like to replicate the detail and finish as much as economically viable. That said it's got to look right.
I like the sound of the TVR wedge being used as a donor and will be looking into this option. How did the dimensions work? Wheelbase, track, distance to bulkhead, etc. what about the windscreen, was this simply being cut off?
Has anybody looked at the Jaguar XJS? Will this work? A nice engine and lots of them about at reasonable money.
Any info that you could give me would be appreciated and I'm including my email address in case you wish to contact me in private. Rudy.micallef1@btinternet.com.
Hope you get the car that you want done and thanks for your input and advise.
Happy Christmas and a great 2014.