Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018, 20:50
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Can't help with the carbs but, Pics, we need pics

I'm guessing the donor was an XJ12 rather than a converted TR7, think I remember seeing an article where a Jag based RH Daytona was featured. Must have required a lot of modification.

My RH kit was based on a TR7. I got it in a state where the TR7 and RH panels had never come together and the TR7 was rotten. Work had been started, the front of the TR7 had been lengthened and the outer TR7 panels had been removed but then just left for about 15-20 years. Was no good so sold all the TR7 bits I could to help fund the purchase of a TVR 350i Wedge which seemed to be a pretty good fit as a donor (Very similar wheelbase to Daytona, no IVA).

I've just got the Wedge to the stage where it is now MOT'd and on the road, so I was going to drive it about for a bit (couple of months) then start in earnest to get the RH Daytona body panels on it.

I kept the TR7 windscreen and frame along with a bit of the bulkhead and A pillars, doors and hood. Is gonna be a big job. Can't wait though, Daytona is the car I've always wanted.

Will do my own build thread once I've made some progress.

Hope you get yours sorted soon, just in time for the good weather.

John