View Single Post
Old 6th April 2013, 19:47

tlrtone is on a distinguished road

Mike turned up with my frame tonight, so I had a chance to quickly try it on for size....

This is a new frame as the one I modified became the standard and was sold as part of another kit! I was happy with that as i wasn't ready at the time anyway.

Luckily (?) all the bolt holes lined up apart from the front two, which need a little bit of persuasion from a hammer...

The rear now comes with the petrol tank mount behind the spring, and for transport, it doesn't have the cut out for the petrol filler, so this was the first job to be done...

I purposely asked Mike not to paint the frame as I needed to modify the front end to fit the BMW e30 pedal assembly and servo unit.

After some major scratching of the head and so trial fitmets and cutting of the frame, I eventually ended up with a position that was suitable. However, it needed the steering column to go through the middle of the pedals. At the moment it is all a bt tight, although I think with some welding and modification, the pedal assembly will fit nicely around the column position.

I will make the necessary modifications tomorrow and post up some new pictures