View Single Post
Old 5th July 2014, 20:38

swifty is on a distinguished road

Today i managed to fit the type 9 gear box mount and it went well, all holes etc lined up.

IMG_4511.jpg

The two pads welded to the chassis circled in red, very near to where the triumph bracket was originally bolted. I pre drilled and tapped M10 holes in the pads and used these as a guide to drill through the chassis after the pads were welded to the chassis.

IMG_4513.jpg

I used a very handy tap wrench with a ratchet mechanism which is ideal for confined spaces as this is. The chassis is now also tapped to M10 so that after the bobbins are screwed in i can put a check nut on the back side to make it 100% secure.

IMG_4517.jpg IMG_4514.jpg

The new mount bracket fitted to the chassis and gear box, it all went very smoothly so i am pleased with the out come. Gear box filled with 1.5 litres of semi synthetic 75/90 oil, 2nd images is looking down inside the gearbox, now need the prop shaft fitted which should be here on Monday.
Another job done and you've probably noticed the brake pipes need securing to the chassis, i am thinking of using plastic P clips spaced every 250mm which should suffice the MOT guy.

Tomorrow i am hoping to rebuild the carbs which were stripped a couple of months ago so that will be interesting trying to figure out what goes where but i did take a few pictures which will come in handy.

Until next time see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 5th July 2014 at 20:48.. Reason: typo