View Single Post
Old 12th November 2019, 09:37

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Having loads of fun with the car now I can finally drive it on the road. Weather hasn’t been great so it’s pretty grubby - I gave it a good coat of resin wax/polish to protect the stickers as best I could given these are just applied to the polished up gel coat for now.

Anyone who has any recommendations on good protectors for this set up with gel coat etc until I get it painted just let me know on the thread here.

Went to fill up with petrol over the weekend as I’d been topping up the tank during the build with fresh fluid from a jerry can but worked out probably half of the half full tank (1/4 of the tank) was probably still the fuel I had in it when it was last on the road before I started the build back at the end of 2016. Loads of folks came over as I was filling up and paying ... one guy was on his way the NEC Classic Car show and thought it was a real one .. even when he was close up :-)

Decided I couldn’t live with the Nav Pod I’d built a small 7” tablet into for sat nav/OBDII gauges and had sat in the cubby hole space in the MR2 dash. I found a folding smartphone holder on Amazon which looked just the job for a spare Android phone I had lying around. Means I can put the lid back on the cubby hole in the dash, and when the phone isn’t in the holder, everything folds down and the cubby holder lid closes.

There’s quite a bit of lag with the ODBII Bluetooth dongle I’m using and the app (Torque Pro). Will have a play with the set up and also try another spare Bluetooth dongle I’ve got.

Again, if anyone has experience of Torque Pro on Android and can comment if this lag is normal I’d appreciate it.