View Single Post
Old 27th April 2014, 13:58

swifty is on a distinguished road

IMG_4293.jpg

Here you can see the adapter plate fitted to the type 9 gearbox, bolted on with four high tensile cap heads M12 x 1.5 pitch x 35mm which i bought from a local nut and bolt company for less then a quarter what ford charge. Paper gasket fitted between the gearbox and plate.

IMG_4294.jpg

Had to fettle the inside of the triumph bell housing slightly to allow the mount bolts to seat correctly, two new holes have to be drilled into the bell housing as the original top two mount holes are half way over the position of the type 9 gearbox mount holes. Circled in red the area slightly cut away by hand.

IMG_4296.jpg

Gearbox correctly aligned and mounted onto the engine, supported by the sling as i don't trust the engine stand to hold both together, i have removed the gearbox for now until its ready to go into the chassis.

Well today the weather was rubbish so not much progress made, still waiting for the chassis to be shot blasted which is the next big thing to be done. Managed to snap up a full stainless exhaust system and high torque starter motor for a very good price so saved a few pennies again which is one of my life's missions.

See you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 27th April 2014 at 14:01..