View Single Post
Old 29th September 2013, 17:34

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Grand day out at Snetterton today

Son and I met up with Barry and Phil first thing at a local petrol station en-route -

Then a quick blast down the A134 to Thetford and a left onto the A11. We'd kind of agreed to take it easy on the run to Snetterton, but there was this Caterham 7 about half a mile ahead, and, well, it would've been rude not to blast past him, now, wouldn't it?

Here's a taster of the first part of the journey. It was quite an experience driving in convoy with two other Spyders, I can tell you. Apologies for the shaky cam, but that's just a sign of how firm the ride is on the cut down Vitesse front springs. Hopefully it'll be a little smoother when I fit the Spitfire springs.

We all parked up together in good company with loads of old classics and the three together drew quite a crowd and instigated quite a bit of head scratching -

Between watching the racing, strolling round the pits and classic car park and stuffing food in our faces, we had an ongoing game of 'dream garage'. Given a big enough cheque from Camelot, this'd be my choice -

Lovely!

I'd like to say a big thank you to Phil and Barry for inviting me along and keeping me and my son company. It truly was a grand day out