View Single Post
Old 26th March 2016, 21:58

jones is on a distinguished road

Part 2 - Slow & Steady

Our ventured back outside to tackle the next steps, I spent my time trimming and offering up and then re trimming etc. I remembered something that I had heard before, it's easy to trim a bit off but very difficult to add a bit back on. Eventually I was happy and I was ready to apply my novice welding skills to the challenge. I went with lots and lots of butt welds along the top and good solid plug welds along the bottom and down the sides. It's not perfect but that's okay as it's no longer going to be on show but if it had a been a quick skim of filler would have sorted it I guess.

Next jobs completed were welding up the old wing mirror mounting holes in the door and a skim of filler. Following that the dreaded task of removing the lower door rubberised stone chip protection. Once complete I did the first round of filling in the swage line, once completed I decided to down tools for the evening wanted to watch the footy and glad I did! A great England comeback in the 2nd half.

Well that's it for now, got some house DIY to complete too this weekend so not sure if I'll be able to get back out there again.

Next job to tick off is the final bonding! Finally!

Last edited by jones; 28th March 2016 at 00:08..