View Single Post
Old 26th March 2017, 14:37

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
Sills on the Z4 are much deeper
Doors as pointed out are a very different shape
Z3 bonnet hinges hold the whole of the front of the 250 kit. Z4 has standard bonnet hinges.
Therefore the front of the Z4 has wings and front panels that are a totally different design.
I'm sure it could be done but it will be a lot of work.
I'm sure they will want to get the 275 finished before reworking the 250 for the Z4.
However, looking at the prices of DNA's 2fifty it would be worth doing but probably worth building the 250 on the Z4 to a much higher standard (and cost to customer), the resale values would seem to be a big bonus.
Personally I prefer the shape of the Tribute 250 swb convertible over the California but it is of course all personal preference.
Would love to see Ericholmes (Andy's) 250 sitting next to a completed 2fifty to compare them like for like.

Anyway, my next project is going to be a DNA Daytona on a Z4.
I'm on the list!!
Still also looking for an unfinished Daytona kit with a view to fitting it to a E46 BMW.
You can't really compare the Tribute 250 convertible like for like with the 2fifty because they are two different cars. The Tribute isn't a replica of anything whilst the 2fifty is a replica of a Ferrari California. I prefer the Tribute's unique shape over the 2fifty which to me looks like a big MGB.